Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday, February 3, 2006

It's been awhile since I had some time and wasn't too tired to write. We have had a busy couple of weeks. We have done a bit more clearing of the little stuff in order to make paths. With the recent rains we got, the burn ban was lifted and we were able to burn a lot of the stuff we have been cutting down. We have realized a couple of problems with how the water flows when we have heavy rain. We need to redirect it in a couple of places. The compost pile is doing well and should be ready for the garden by the March planting.

The kitchen sink has been leaking every now and then since we moved in. This last week it started leaking badly every time we used it. Neither one of us really like the faucet that was on there to start with, so we bought a new one tonight and Charles got it all fixed up now. The new one looks really nice, and works very well. The only complaint I have is that Charles (being an idiot like most men can be at times) decided to use my good kitchen towels to help him do the job. There is a whole damn drawer of good for nothing rags right next to him. Does he bother to open the damn drawer and grab some of those?? Hell no!!! He has to use the brand new, good towels. Which now have rust and all kinds of other shit on them. I pray for his libido that they come clean. I tried not to bitch too much, since he worked so hard to change the faucet out, but if they don't come clean.... well, by the time I have another full load of whites to wash so I can see if the stains come out... the gratitude for the new sink will be long gone. It takes us about two weeks to build up a full load of whites.

We were finally able to go through all the boxes in the garage and got them sorted. All that is out there now is what will go in the garage sale. Now we just need to pick a weekend, get it all priced and have the sale.

I ordered the piece we were missing for the juicer and got it a couple of days later. We have been making orange and apple juice fresh almost every day now. I can't wait to grow our own veggies and fruit to have really fresh juice.

Tomorrow we are having friends over again. Dorothy makes really good pizza, so we decided to have a pizza party. We will make our own pizza's and just enjoy the day. Jan and Dorothy have been over before, but it has been a really long time since we have seen Cynthia and Patrice and Terry. I am really looking forward to tomorrow. It is supposed to be a beautiful day. Bud and Fay may be able to make it also. I wish I could just twinkle my nose like Samantha and instantly have everything we want to do ... just be done already. The sitting areas, the goldfish pond, the big fish pond, the garden growing nicely, the tool shed and well house built, the deck, the patio kitchen, the greenhouse built and producing, the barn and chicken coup built and already occupied, and yep, even the house painted .. inside and out.

We got a really bad surprise this week. When we bought the house, we saw in the contract where the sellers were paying the taxes for their portion of the year. We would only be responsible for our portion of the year. What we didn't look at close enough, was that they only credited us the money for the sellers portion of the taxes for the year. We have to pay the whole year. Not being used to paying property taxes, we didn't know exactly how it all works and didn't realize that we should have started questioning around last October when we didn't recieve a bill for the taxes. Charles just happened to hear on the radio that January 31st was the last day to pay the taxes and went out on the net to see if our taxes had been paid. They had not...:( We now have to come up with 3188.00 plus 275.00 penalty for paying late. With Charles due to get his bonus from work in March, we will be able to pay it. It is just disappointing becasue we had slotted that money for other things.

Well, MegaSite was down for a little while tonight, but it looks like it is back up now. I still need to put up a couple of things so I am off for now. Watch my 360 blog for another 'Here I Go Again'. I hope to get to that tonight while things are still fresh in my mind.

4 comments:

Suzanne Lanoue said...

Hey, I guess you didn't get time to write in your 360 blog yet.

What kind of juicer do you have? I have been using the new one but it comes out pretty pulpy.

You're lucky Charles doesn't read your blog, hee hee. I have to watch everything I say because David sometimes reads mine. He doesn't like it if I write anything that might embarrass him, just in case someone from his work might read it.

I understand why you would be mad about him using your dish towels...however, you are so lucky you have a "handy" husband. We have to pay $80 an hour every time a plumber comes, even for minor stuff. We had to pay people to put up the curtains, the towel racks etc. Dish towels are a lot cheaper :)

Hope your pizza party went well!

Fylara said...

I am planning on doing a couple of 'Here I go Again' articles for 360. Maybe tonight after I clean the kitchen up.

We have a Champion. It totally screens out all the pulp. I really am enjoying it. I can take the screen out and make baby food and applesauce and stuff like that.

Charles does read my blog..:) He has a pretty good sense of humor though and just laughs with me when I complain about him. I have never said anything in the blogs that I don't say to him. We joke a lot about the stupid things the both of us do.

I know I am very lucky to have a handy hubby..:) He is awesome. I joke with him sometimes that he is my very own personal McGyver. If he doesn't know how to fix something, or doesn't have exactly the right things to fix it, he will find a way somehow. He is also very good at getting me everything I could possibly want..:)

The pizza party was a blast. It was really fun. I got the recipe for the dough from Dorothy and plan on making homemade pizza a little more often..:)

Suzanne Lanoue said...

That pizza sounds great. Funny thing is, I never liked pizza crust much (the part that doesn't have the sauce on it) and so now it doesn't bother me all that much not to be able to eat it. I order a pizza and just eat the "good parts" now :) But I did like Pizza Hut's stuffed cheese crust so that sucks.

Anonymous said...

Looking for a chicken coup for sale and did a google search and your site came up. Do you still have this for sale?