Monday, February 05, 2007

Waving hello

I have had quite a few good days now and I am starting to be very hopeful that they have finally figured out what is wrong with me. It took me a couple of days to get the house cleaned up since I hadn't really done any cleaning for about a month. The dust was at least an inch thick. I still am not caught up with all the filing, but I hope to be done with that sometime this week. I am finally able to work on the site again. Suzanne has found some people to take over some of the stuff I was doing on the site in order to help me out and to free up some of my time. I have a lot to catch up on, but I am really looking forward to having help.

Our weekend didn't go quite as planned, but still a good weekend. As of the 1st of January, Texas put into effect a new cigarette tax that adds 10.00 to a carton of smokes. Charles started doing some searching on the net and found a place we can still get smokes for what we used to pay for them without the tax. He ordered four cartons. They came Friday. Since we will be getting those in the mail regularly, and because Suzanne and I frequently send packages back and forth, we decided that our little bitty mailbox wasn't near what it should be. We decided to get a big one.

We left Friday when Charles got home to go and do our shopping and headed to Tomball. We went to the tractor supply store and picked up some new toys for Ruby and found Charles a new stocking cap and a couple pairs of work gloves for the both of us. Then stopped at the liquor store to pick up something for the weekend. We made it to WallMart and did all the shopping there. We weren't done with that until about 9:30, so we decided to wait to go to Brookshire Brothers. I won't buy my meat and produce at WallMart, so we always buy that stuff at Brookshire Brothers here in Magnolia. Home Depo is the opposite direction of WallMart in Tomball. It is in a little town called Egypt. We decided to wait to go there also.
Saturday, when we were supposed to go to the Clinton Anderson thing (the horse guy from Australia) I realized it was the first Saturday of the month. We have a roaming vet that comes to town once a month, always on the first Saturday of the month. He is a lot cheaper than the other vets around here. I Really wanted to take Ruby to get her shots. It worries me a lot out here when she is out running the property and all the other critters we have around here. I always worry about Porvo too. So I called Jan and asked if they could stop and pick up Charles on the way to the show. She said they could, so I decided to stay home and do some errand running while they went to the show. Jan and Will stopped to pick up Charles about 6:00 Saturday morning. I went back to bed. When I got up, I messed around cleaning a bit more and then loaded Ruby up in the car. I was worried about taking her to town because she normally gets car sick as soon as she gets in a vehicle. I put her in the front seat and rolled the window down a little bit and just talked to her all the way to town. She did pretty good. We got her shots and I brought her back home then went back to town to go to the library. Spent some time there, then stopped at Popeyes to pick me up some lunch. Came back home and got to working in the yard. I have a couple of areas around about 3 trees that I want to clear out and put flower beds around them. I started clearing out from one of them. Time went by so fast. Charles called a couple of times from the show and told me all that he was learning. He said they were all freezing to death because no one had expected it to be cold and they didn't dress for cold weather. When they got home, we fixed supper and then headed to Brookshire Brothers to finish up the shopping.

Sunday, we got up and started working in the yard again. I started laundry also. I was having trouble digging up some of these stupid little weed trees and had called Charles over to help. He started digging while I was trying to clear some of the dirt away with the hoe and the silly shovel broke. It was about 30 years old, so I guess we got our money out of it..LOL. We loaded up and headed to the feed store to see if they had a shovel. We wanted to check if they had the 1015 onion in yet and seed potatoes also. They didn't have the kind of shovel we wanted, so we just bought the onions, the seed potatoes, and a bail of hay. We brought that stuff home and decided it was time to make it to Home Depot. We got the mailbox and found the right shovel. I also found some stuff that was supposed to clean pergo floors really well. By the time we got back home, it was time to gather up all the tools and start the grill up for the evening meal. We had stuffed pork chops and purple hull peas. Good meal..:)

I got most of the laundry done yesterday, but washing bedding and blankets and stuff today. I tried the pergo floor cleaner this morning also. It cleans okay I guess, but I had hoped it would make the floors shine. They don't really shine like I wanted them to. I will have to keep trying different cleaners I guess.

I am thinking of having the MRI done on Friday, since Charles will be off. I am feeling much better which makes getting the test done anyway a bit hard. I am tempted to put it off now. We have spent so much money on these damn tests and gotten so far behind. Charles had wanted to start putting up the fence this weekend. His company bought off some of the vacation time that he has been carrying over year to year. We thought it would be enough to start the fence. After paying some bills that we have been putting off paying though, we still don't have the money for the fence. Poor Ruby will just have to wait a bit longer.

I am posting some picutres today too. Just random recent pictures. It is such a beautiful day out. I think I may go sit on the front porch for a little bit and do some reading here in a bit. I have so much to do to catch up on the site, but it is such a shame to waste such a beautiful day being inside. I think I may try to do a bit more clearing for my flower gardens also. I also need to clear out the hammock area. Or where the hammock area will be anyway. Till next time. With love to all.

No comments: