Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday 1/9/06

This last weekend was busy, but still fun. We still didn't get everything done that we wanted to, but did get a lot done still. Most of Saturday was spent shopping. We had to go into town to do most of it. Charles got a couple of games at Half Price Books with the gift certificate that Jack and Jan gave him for the holiday. We went to three different stores trying to find ink cartridges for my printer. Finally found them at good ol' Walmart. On Sunday, Charles mowed the yard and weed whacked it. We had some really good ribs that he cooked on the grill. I got some of the replanting done that I wanted to do. I got all but one of the aloe vera plants planted that Jan brought me, two of the spider plants transferred to bigger pots, one of the big plants from mom's funeral transferred also. Still have more work to do with the plants, but I need to get some more potting soil first. Charles worked with the compost pile, and it is starting to pay off... YAY!!

Since we bought this place, Jan has been threatening to buy chickens for us and bring them out here. I keep telling Charles that we really need to get the chicken coop built. On Christmas day Jan scared the crap out of us both by bringing this huge box in the back of her truck and announcing that she had brought the chickens. We had a good laugh at our relief to find that they were chicken statues. A momma and three chicks. I got the momma painted Sunday also, and discovered with little surprise that I am no artist. LOL. It's a funny looking momma chicken, but I had a blast trying to paint it.

I spent today catching up on TV MegaSite with articles and proofread stuff sent in over the weekend. Tomorrow I need to work with the Excel sheet and check in with some of the volunteers. I also need to make out a nag list for the forum.

Ben is coming to visit this weekend so we are going to try to get ahold of everyone and have a bit of a party..:) I need to see who all I can get in touch with. Anyone reading this is welcome to come, just let me know that you are coming..:)

For now, I am off to soak..:)

2 comments:

Suzanne Lanoue said...

How was your party? Wish I coulda come! :)

Let me know if you need any help with your blog...I'm no expert but I can probably figure it out if you need any help.

I look forward to reading more! I enjoyed the chicken story, LOL!!

Speaking of chickens...when we were in Vegas, we were passing thru Walgreens and saw that they had these plastic dancing chickens with Santa Claus hats. They were so silly, they danced and played The Chicken Dance! And they were only $6 so I had to buy one. Everyone loved it at Christmas, it was so annoying but fun, you know? Like that singing bass. Anyway, I brought it home and it is so much fun to watch the dog interact with it. Things that move on their own kind of both intrigue and scare him. He whines, barks, growls at it, knocks it over with his nose...it's very funny!!!

Fylara said...

LOL Suzanne, funny story. When I was young, my parents went on a trip some place in South America. They brought home a stuffed armadillo. (That is a story in itself as the authorities thought they might be smuggling drugs in the stupid thing.) Daddy spent many hours entertaining the family by holding the back of that armadillo and making it 'jump' at the family dog. Of course, he had sound effects to go along with it..LOL