Monday, January 02, 2006

Well, Suzanne is going to have to help me learn my way around here. I am going to try to get the feed to work on 360 with this blog. I think I will just post in both places till I figure it out.

We have had such a wonderful week here. The Christmas meal was a huge success. We had 23 people over. Not quite as many as I had planned on, but some plans changed at the last minute. We got all the food preparred on time and had such a wonderful afternoon visiting with everyone. The kids all had a blast running and playing all over the property. Jack and Will cut up a couple of fallen trees we had on the property and gave us some really good wood for the fireplace. I got some awesome gifts this year, and I am pretty sure everyone else was happy with what they got also. It was a year of good coincidents as far as gifts go. We got Cherri a nice little fountain. She told us that she had a fountain that had just broken right before the holidays. We got Richard a nice pen set with a matching money clip. He told us that his money clip had broken also. Kayleigh was so happy to get the computer game we got her. Cherrie told us that she had the first version of the game and totally loves it. I had no idea there even was a 'first version' of the game. Edna made us a nice new kitchen towel to hang on the oven that was made out of a cute little kitchen towel with three littel kittens on it. Shawn and Theresa got me a whole set of towels, kitchen wash clothes and pot holders with the exact same little kittens on them.

I loved all my presents this year. Jan got us a journal that she put a cute picture of a dragon breaking free from its shell, and then put "Dragon Weyr - The Beginning" on the front of the picture. It was such an awesome idea, I decided to carry it on and am now making me a "Dragon Weyr - Gardens" book. I am going to put in it everything we plant and grow out here, how to take care of them and all the information needed.

We got a few things we wanted to get done accomplished. Charles put my new hard drive in and got me hooked up to the battery we had bought for my computer. I got my new games installed and have even found a few minutes to mess with them. Charles got half the garden tilled up and the tree stump that was in the middle of it burned and dug out. I have started weeding the garden now and am starting to get a bit anxious to get things planted. That will have to wait till March though. I am pretty sure that we will be able to supply Jack and Jan with veggies from it also. I am so looking forward to making our own tomatoe sauces and canning our own veggies, making our own fresh pickles and pickled okra and jalapenos and stuff. I just can't wait. Home grown food is so much better tasting.

I have decided that I am not going to let the candies kick my ass again. I am going to find me a good candy cookbook and start practicing making candy now.

New Years was just as wonderful as Christmas. Jack, Jan anad Will came out for a bit for New Years Eve. Jack and Will showed Charles a few tips on how to safely operate his new chain saw and Jan brought me some Aloe Vera plants and a spider plant. We fixed a nice little roast and fried potatoes for supper and just enjoyed the conversation. They had to go home early as Jack had to work on New Years day..:( Charles and I just watched a couple old movies and then watched the new year ring in in New York and then again in Chicago with Regis. New Year day, Jan and Will joined us again and brought a wonderfully rich pie for dessert. Charles makes the very best cabbage and blackeyed peas in the world, so I always get the day off from cooking for the holiday. We put a brisket on the charcoal to add to the traditional meal and had a wonderful time devouring all of Charles hard work. It just gets better and better each year. We gave Jan Charles old desk and he and Will loaded it up in the truck. We spent the afternoon visiting and just relaxing. Had the pie and sent home a plate for Jack to enjoy the meal too.

Today I have a hell of a bad headache. I haven't had a headache in a little over two years. I haven't had a migrain since I left Kansas over 15 years ago, but I suspect this one is going there. The last week has been so relaxing and I enjoyed it so much, I will not allow this headache to ruin that.

Here's hoping all have a wonderful year ahead.

3 comments:

Suzanne Lanoue said...

Hi, Boo! I just put a link to here from my blog.
Sorry about the headache...I get them all the time, but usually they don't last long. I don't know if they are always migraines or sometimes just sinus tension headaches...I think frankly that they are all related, and allergies can affect them, too.

Once in a great while I get one that is so bad that I have to lie down in a dark place for a while.
ONE year I got them very bad and saw the spots, but for some weird reason it was just that one year. They seemed to be set off by bright or blinking lights every time, in different situations.

Like I said, get a good candy thermometer!! It will help a lot.

Happy new year!!

Fylara said...

When I lived in Kansas, I had migrains at least once a month. Some bad enough I had to go to the doc and get a shot to get rid of them. When I moved to Texas, they just quit. I had a regular headach every single day for the first five years I lived here, then all of a sudden, those just quit too. It has been forever since I had a headache, let alone a migrain. Luckily, this one didn't get really bad.

Yea, I am going to get a thermometer too..:)

Anonymous said...

wonderful share, great article, very usefull for me...thanks